ISIS Brides

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Zambo

Re: ISIS Brides

Post by Zambo »

Saints11 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:26 am
Zambo wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:43 pm
delboy1983 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:12 pm There is no upside to allow her back.
Would be a trial and considerable jail sentence
She would get legal aid
This would cost a lot of money.
This way -no cost
Her lawyers have been paid by the British taxpayer.
This is not a bad thing.

Everybody needs someone competent fighting their corner (no matter how serious the crime) as a competent defensive / prosecution gives credibility to the verdict.

I assume she has no money, so would be unable to hire someone capable, so being funded by the Tax payer is better in the long run. As no one can argue her solicitor was shit and her case reviewed on those grounds.

That's my understanding anyway.
Defence barristers are in it for the money and the fame. On a general note, there is something very morally corrupt about someone who knows that their client is guilty, yet they still try and get them off.

Having said that, and it's underpinned by the number of miscarriages of justice where innocent people have been found guilty, you have to have a tight and vigorous defence system, and I understand it's difficult to separate the two aspects. The police and the CPS have a major role to play here but at times they are fucking useless. I've been watching a docu (only seen first part so far) on the murder of Jodi Jones, and the case against Luke Mitchell. That looked very dodgy indeed, with no forensics against him whatsoever.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Zambo wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:50 am Defence barristers are in it for the money and the fame. On a general note, there is something very morally corrupt about someone who knows that their client is guilty, yet they still try and get them off.
If they KNOW that their client is guilty of the charge as specifically laid-down by the letter of the law then you are correct.
They don't, though. They weren't there (in, say, Ian Huntley's case) or they spot an ambiguity in the law as written down.
Either way, if you were stood in front of three magistrates, or a jury, wouldn't you want someone experienced in law to give your side of the story? Especially if you were actually innocent.
It happens, now and again, as Jean Charles de Menezes would no doubt tell you, if he were still alive to do it.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

JimmyDee wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:19 pm
Zambo wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:50 am Defence barristers are in it for the money and the fame. On a general note, there is something very morally corrupt about someone who knows that their client is guilty, yet they still try and get them off.
If they KNOW that their client is guilty of the charge as specifically laid-down by the letter of the law then you are correct.
They don't, though. They weren't there (in, say, Ian Huntley's case) or they spot an ambiguity in the law as written down.

So, no defence barristers know when they defend their client that they are guilty. Yeah sure

Either way, if you were stood in front of three magistrates, or a jury, wouldn't you want someone experienced in law to give your side of the story? Especially if you were actually innocent.
It happens, now and again, as Jean Charles de Menezes would no doubt tell you, if he were still alive to do it.

Well if you'd have quoted all of my post instead of part of it, you would have noticed it wasn't that unbalanced

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Zambo wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:29 pm Well if you'd have quoted all of my post instead of part of it, you would have noticed it wasn't that unbalanced.
I edited it, old chum, because I thought that's what you're supposed to do .... not quote an entire 300-line thread just to post "^ This" at the end, but to quote the bit you're answering, and then reply to it.

I'll know better in future :-)

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

It is not something that will get resolved. The whole criminal justice system is full of incompetence, ineptitude and inadequacy.

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

And nonces

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

And yeast
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

birdie

Post by birdie »

JimmyDee wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:19 pm

Eh? what has he to do with whether a defence barrister knows his client is innocent. De Menezes wasn't in front of a magistrate or any court of law, he was gunned down by trigger happy police who were so blind they couldn't see that he wasn't carrying a weapon let alone a suicide vest.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

paolo

Post by paolo »

Free the Begum one

loves britain

potential real contributor

kid pumper

uk raper

forgive her sins as we forgive those who sin against us

it's only money

put her up in the hilton
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Give her some bitcoin and a ds7
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

birdie wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:44 pm
JimmyDee wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:19 pm Either way, if you were stood in front of three magistrates, or a jury, wouldn't you want someone experienced in law to give your side of the story? Especially if you were actually innocent.

Eh? what has he to do with whether a defence barrister knows his client is innocent. De Menezes wasn't in front of a magistrate or any court of law, he was gunned down by trigger happy police who were so blind they couldn't see that he wasn't carrying a weapon let alone a suicide vest.
It's got EVERYTHING to do with the point under discussion. Sometimes people ARE actually innocent.
Lest we forget, the cops, after shooting an innocent man, STILL tried to make out that he deserved it, in some way. That's what they do ... for a living.
What's worse; a defence barrister who wasn't there and is obliged to take his client's word for it, or a prosecution barrister who knows the guy didn't do it, but ploughs on anyway?

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

JimmyDee wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:26 pm
birdie wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:44 pm
JimmyDee wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:19 pm Either way, if you were stood in front of three magistrates, or a jury, wouldn't you want someone experienced in law to give your side of the story? Especially if you were actually innocent.

It's got EVERYTHING to do with the point under discussion. Sometimes people ARE actually innocent.
Lest we forget, the cops, after shooting an innocent man, STILL tried to make out that he deserved it, in some way. That's what they do ... for a living.
What's worse; a defence barrister who wasn't there and is obliged to take his client's word for it, or a prosecution barrister who knows the guy didn't do it, but ploughs on anyway?
Both as bad, but a defence barrister isn't obliged to take anyone's word. If I was Des Nilson's barrister, I would have told him to fuck off and find someone else.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Zambo wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:30 pm Both as bad, but a defence barrister isn't obliged to take anyone's word. If I was Des Nilson's barrister, I would have told him to fuck off and find someone else.
But that's the point. They ARE obliged to take their word for it, just as the jury is obliged to have a completely open mind.
Are you saying that the worse the crime they're accused of the more they MUST, by definition, be guilty?

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

JimmyDee wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:30 pm
Zambo wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:30 pm Both as bad, but a defence barrister isn't obliged to take anyone's word. If I was Des Nilson's barrister, I would have told him to fuck off and find someone else.
But that's the point. They ARE obliged to take their word for it, just as the jury is obliged to have a completely open mind.
Are you saying that the worse the crime they're accused of the more they MUST, by definition, be guilty?
Well I don't know how some can sleep at night, it's not a job I could do, and I have no idea how you have come to the conclusion you posted as your second sentence.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Zambo wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:37 pm Well I don't know how some can sleep at night, it's not a job I could do, and I have no idea how you have come to the conclusion you posted as your second sentence.
I would have thought it was perfectly obvious, but there you go.