Does anyone have experience with Autistic/Asperger kids

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
Bad Blue 2000

Does anyone have experience with Autistic/Asperger kids

Post by Bad Blue 2000 »

My daughter is nearly 3 and she has a half brother who suffers with Asperger's. He's an obnoxious, odious little bastard and he has a bit of a temper on him. Myself and my girl's mum fall out about it all the time, but I sometimes worry about my daughter's safety. I've seen him lose it a few times.
He's pretty big, nearly 11 stone and he's only twelve.

Am I worrying unnecessarily?
I HEAR YOU KNOCKIN', BUT YOU CAN'T COME IN...

The End

Re: Does anyone have experience with Autistic/Asperger kids

Post by The End »

Bad Blue 2000 wrote:My daughter is nearly 3 and she has a half brother who suffers with Asperger's. He's an obnoxious, odious little bastard and he has a bit of a temper on him. Myself and my girl's mum fall out about it all the time, but I sometimes worry about my daughter's safety. I've seen him lose it a few times.

I'll PM you tomorrow. Laptop is temporarily fucked so on phone and too much to type.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

m4rkb

Re: Does anyone have experience with Autistic/Asperger kids

Post by m4rkb »

Bad Blue 2000 wrote:My daughter is nearly 3 and she has a half brother who suffers with Asperger's. He's an obnoxious, odious little bastard and he has a bit of a temper on him. Myself and my girl's mum fall out about it all the time, but I sometimes worry about my daughter's safety. I've seen him lose it a few times.

I don't think you're worrying unnecessarily BB, I'd say you're spot on with your concerns and you're quire entitled to have all the concerns you want where your daughter is concerned. As far as I'm aware Autism and Aspergers are quite close in the sense the subject has difficulty adjusting to anything new. I have no confidence in social services spotting anything you don't spot first so remain vigilant as well as concerned.