MMR-Wakefield at it again

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Hillman avenger

MMR-Wakefield at it again

Post by Hillman avenger »

Andrew Wakefield is at it again.

He was struck off in the UK for his campaign to get parents to resist having their children vaccinated against measles, mumps and rubella. This led for years to a return for these awful illnesses.

He was deregistered because his scientific method was inadequate despite many peers pointing it out. It was clinched when it was realised he had the whole time been being paid by solicitors making income from claims made by parents.

Now measles is on the upturn again in the US and across Europe because he has been at it again. Apparently 10% of American parents believe him. Not least because Trump has listened to him.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Re: MMR-Wakefield at it again

Post by Steve Hunt »

Hillman, my two girls were very young when this scare broke.

As a consequence I paid privately to have the three injections administered separately.

You cannot blame the parents. Your child's health is the most precious thing. You'd never forgive yourself if you thought your actions had caused them to have autism.

I have never understood why, regardless of the validity of Wakefield's claims, once the story broke, the government did not offer separate injections as an alternative for concerned parents.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Quote Hillmans
That's because his reasoning is sound, but I've tried to spell it out to you before and you either can't or won't understand it.
Mass vaccination saves the government money in treating childhood illnesses but costs the lives of individual children and causes brain damage in others.
You speak for the government and I , and Doctor Wakefield ,speak for the dead children and those who will be killed by future vaccination.
Simple as that really.

Obviously the parents of the kids they killed want to sponsor a doctor who is speaking out to prevent other deaths - preventing other deaths is one of the reasons for suing the bastards responsible for the policy.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Royal24s wrote:Quote Hillmans
That's because his reasoning is sound, but I've tried to spell it out to you before and you either can't or won't understand it.
Mass vaccination saves the government money in treating childhood illnesses but costs the lives of individual children and causes brain damage in others.
You speak for the government and I , and Doctor Wakefield ,speak for the dead children and those who will be killed by future vaccination.
Simple as that really.

Obviously the parents of the kids they killed want to sponsor a doctor who is speaking out to prevent other deaths - preventing other deaths is one of the reasons for suing the bastards responsible for the policy.

Taking an aspirin can be fatal. The point is the benefits massively outweigh the risk. There's a body count because of these anti vaccination oddballs. You've only got to read Andrew Wakefield's Wikipedia page to work out what was motivating him.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Wakefield

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Steve Hunt wrote:Hillman, my two girls were very young when this scare broke.

As a consequence I paid privately to have the three injections administered separately.

You cannot blame the parents. Your child's health is the most precious thing. You'd never forgive yourself if you thought your actions had caused them to have autism.

I have never understood why, regardless of the validity of Wakefield's claims, once the story broke, the government did not offer separate injections as an alternative for concerned parents.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/the ... SApp_Other

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Ralph wrote: There's a body count because of these anti vaccination oddballs.

And because the Government refused to offer the three vaccinations separately to concerned parents, Ralph.

We had to pay privately. It wasn't cheap. Not all parents could afford that.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Steve Hunt wrote:

And because the Government refused to offer the three vaccinations separately to concerned parents, Ralph.

There are a number of reasons the government didn't offer multiple jabs.

And there is no sensible debate left to be had. Andrew Wakefield's claims had zero validity.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Ralph wrote:

They were good enough before MMR came along, Ralph.

They were certainly better than concerned parents refusing to vaccinate at all.

We all know that the real reason for denying worried parents the option of 3 separate vaccinations was purely down to cost.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Ralph wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:

And there is no sensible debate left to be had. Andrew Wakefield's claims had zero validity.

True or not, once the scare broke, that's not really the issue. You cannot put the genie back in the bottle. I thought the Government's response was wholly inadequate. If children have suffered because their parents were scared of MMR & could not afford separate jabs, then the government has to take it's share of the blame.

Never forget that the Blair's refused to confirm or deny if their youngest lad had had MMR. What effect do you think that had on concerned parents such as myself?

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Ralph wrote:

They were good enough before MMR came along, Ralph.

They were certainly better than concerned parents refusing to vaccinate at all.

We all know that the real reason for denying worried parents the option of 3 separate vaccinations was purely down to cost.

Nothing to do with cost. The single jabs are not as effective & Andrew Wakefield's claims were completely bogus..

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:

True or not, once the scare broke, that's not really the issue. You cannot put the genie back in the bottle. I thought the Government's response was wholly inadequate. If children have suffered because their parents were scared of MMR & could not afford separate jabs, then the government has to take it's share of the blame.

Never forget that the Blair's refused to confirm or deny if their youngest lad had had MMR. What effect do you think that had on concerned parents such as myself?

Ah it's Tony Blair's fault not Andrew Wakefield's. I see.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Ralph wrote:
Nothing to do with cost. The single jabs are not as effective & Andrew Wakefield's claims were completely bogus..

Your completely missing my point, Ralph.

My point is purely about the governments response once the scare broke.

As for you claim that cost had nothing to do with it, you are joking? No idea if the jab was cheaper, but simple logic dictates that the cost of administering the drug was reduced by 66%

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Steve Hunt wrote:

Most who have not had their child receive MMR have not had them vaccinated at all.
Which is why measles is back.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Ralph wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:

Ah it's Tony Blair's fault not Andrew Wakefield's. I see.

I'm guessing that you weren't a parent of young children when the scare broke, Ralph.

I hate to go 'all Ray Houghton' on you, but unless you were in that position, perhaps it is hard for you to understand.

Just imagine that you had given your child MMR and he/she subsequently developed autism. No matter how discredited Wakefield is now, you would always wonder if your actions had caused the condition.

Well, I would. I wasn't prepared to take that risk with my kids lives. Hence, sourcing and paying for three separate jabs.
Tony Blair faced the same choices that my wife & I did at the time. I was more than happy to tell anyone that asked me what we had decided to do. Not so the Blairs.

But I guess you had to be there, Ralph.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Hillman avenger wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:

Most who have not had their child receive MMR have not had them vaccinated at all.
Which is why measles is back.

Exactly.

Thank you, Hillman.

That was inevitable once the MMR scare broke & the government refused to offer the three separate jabs as an alternative to concerned parents.