Re: After Life Series 3

Post by Sadact7 »

Oh Jack, ffs lad

Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

rorymac

Post by rorymac »

I watched the lot last night as it is a subject I have experience of and I did think the office and extras were great tbf. I still think bits of it were good and the funny bits just weren't. There was a whole lot of unbelievable bullshit and his humanistic yet aggressive there's no god, science is king just be nice to people philosophy moronic but typical. I welled up a bit in the final one god bless us all :lol:

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Sadact7 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:32 pm
kancutlawns wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:51 pm The more I see videos of Tony’s late wife makes me absolutely detest her. We never get to see her foibles, weaknesses or horrible characteristics of which must have had. I mean we se some of them like her being coarse, loud, the dominant one in the relationship, oversized and suffocatingly in your face. Is this all about when the other half dies and we lose any objectivity?
He spends all episode, every episode, going on about what a saint this woman was, however her main character trait seems to be calling Gervais’ character a “cunt” regularly.

Which is fair enough.
Lisa was a mouthy fishwife. Awful woman :)
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Zippy wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:43 am
kancutlawns wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:51 pm The more I see videos of Tony’s late wife makes me absolutely detest her. We never get to see her foibles, weaknesses or horrible characteristics of which must have had. I mean we se some of them like her being coarse, loud, the dominant one in the relationship, oversized and suffocatingly in your face. Is this all about when the other half dies and we lose any objectivity?
He spends all episode, every episode, going on about what a saint this woman was, however her main character trait seems to be calling Gervais’ character a “cunt” regularly.

Which is fair enough.
Conversely, she made a decent living selling art locally that if another woman had done that he was said of them something like “selling fucking useless brick-a-brack to gullible idiots and being a waste of space.”

More and more of Gervais’s old mates seem to join the show as cameos like Steve Brodie and now Tim Key as the odious teacher who went out with Kath. Kath seems to be morphing into dense Maggie from Extras who was incapable of thinking independently in the presence of other people.

You know Brian, he really comes across as a sad, pathetic loser when showing James a video of two blokes having sex with his ex-wife. It’s just about people who are down on their luck being social misfits. You do feel sympathy for them. Someone needs to be really cruel to Tony and tell him to fucking pull himself up. The apathy towards him is rather annoying.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Which is fair enough.
I think you’d have to be to put up with his relentless pranks.

“Oh look, I’m quietly planting some flowers and he’s sprayed me with the hose for the thousandth time”

Never gets bored of inflicting misery on her, he’s obviously some sort of psychopath.

In a bit Foam Moe

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Sadact7 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:31 pm

Which is fair enough.
I think you’d have to be to put up with his relentless pranks.

“Oh look, I’m quietly planting some flowers and he’s sprayed me with the hose for the thousandth time”

Never gets bored of inflicting misery on her, he’s obviously some sort of psychopath.
What makes it worse is that the fucking prick and doormat of a jobless husband tries her hilarious pranks on some unwitting soul. Like when Tony played an air horn at her and decided to do the same to his brother-in-law at the Tanbury Times, causing him to have a fright and have boxes collapse on his head. I would love it if his benign brother-in-law punched the lairy cunt in the face. He had a heart attack too.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Zippy wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:55 pm Watched this last night. Even Ratty and The Nonce were shit. No Paul Kaye either. Piss poor series.
Don’t remember Ratty and The Nonce from the first two series. Good to see the two city boys shown up for the boorish, misogynistic, homophobic, bullying cunts they were in the last series when they seen simulating buggery on that sad, pathetic loser that David Earl played whilst he was in the stocks. They deserved a bloody shoeing and thrown in the lake.

Thought Tony giving his insurance payout to everyone was a decent gesture but how many more series will be will him watching shite videos of Lisa, seeing that old dear at the graveside, feeling down on his luck and the sad people who try to help him. Hopefully, that’s it.

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

After shite, more like.

Amirite guize?

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Guess so.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Sadact7 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:02 am Oh Jack, ffs lad

Apparently it's the no1 most watched Netflix series atm.
Why?! 🤷🏻‍♀️
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

If one understands Ricky Gervais’s humour it’s easy to see why. People who liked The Office, Extras, Derek, Life Is Short and An Idiot Abroad would watch this too, as crap as it is.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

lambrini wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:40 pm

Why?! 🤷🏻‍♀️
Emotional manipulation, people are suckers for it.

Then they can go online and brag about how affected they were by it. Because all social media is now a race to be the most emotional about any given subject. Also, they think it makes it intellectually sophisticated so if you didn’t like it then you just don’t understand it and should stick to Mrs Brown’s Boys.

What they don’t understand is that it’s actually extremely poorly constructed. The number 1 rule of writing is, apparently, show don’t tell. The audience should understand what’s going on without having to explicitly be told. Meanwhile Afterlife, and even more so that piece of shit Derek, essentially grabs the audience by the throat and screams “THIS IS SUPPOSED TO MAKE YOU SAD, NOW CRY YOU THICK CUNTS! CRY!!!!”

Absolute bullshit for plebeians.

In a bit Foam Moe

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Sadact7 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:17 pm

Why?! 🤷🏻‍♀️

Then they can go online and brag about how affected they were by it. Because all social media is now a race to be the most emotional about any given subject. Also, they think it makes it intellectually sophisticated so if you didn’t like it then you just don’t understand it and should stick to Mrs Brown’s Boys.

What they don’t understand is that it’s actually extremely poorly constructed. The number 1 rule of writing is, apparently, show don’t tell. The audience should understand what’s going on without having to explicitly be told. Meanwhile Afterlife, and even more so that piece of shit Derek, essentially grabs the audience by the throat and screams “THIS IS SUPPOSED TO MAKE YOU SAD, NOW CRY YOU THICK CUNTS! CRY!!!!”

I'm a sucker for weepy stuff. But, aren't we all emotionally manipulated by TV and movies? l always cry after Schlinder's List and the ending of Casablanca is heart-wrenching every time.
One thing that annoys me these days is television as bandwagon. Strange phenomenon. Jack Grealish doesn't want to be left out, so he jumps on the bandwagon and tweets about it.

( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

lambrini wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:25 pm
Sadact7 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:17 pm

Why?! 🤷🏻‍♀️

I'm a sucker for weepy stuff. But, aren't we all emotionally manipulated by TV and movies? l always cry after Schlinder's List and the ending of Casablanca is heart-wrenching every time.
One thing that annoys me these days is television as bandwagon. Strange phenomenon. Jack Grealish doesn't want to be left out, so he jumps on the bandwagon and tweets about it.

Jack Grealish is a humongous arsehole. An instantly dislikable individual who wants to remain relevant. Vacuous, thick twat with a brain the size of a pair of cufflinks. In the bin!

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

I thought Series 1 & 2 were absolutely brilliant and had loads of followers.
First time he has made a 3rd series for anything and I worry this will fail miserably
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year