Climate & Other Protesters Discussion

In-depth debate on all topical issues
mark
Forum Admin

Re: Climate & Other Protesters Discussion

Post by mark »

birdie wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:03 pm
theleader82 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:53 am What qualifies Greta to lecture people on climate change? Sweden has much more serious problems than worrying about warmer summers
She's just a mouthpiece, she's as irritating as piles or thrush, she's not qualified to pontificate about anything and it amazes me how people seem to fawn over her, perhaps it's because she's supposed to be autistic or something, which, somehow, makes her pronouncements something to take notice of, so, the answer to your question is, FUCK ALL.
You really are a horrible, bitter piece of work.

birdie

Post by birdie »

mark wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:42 pm
theleader82 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:53 am What qualifies Greta to lecture people on climate change? Sweden has much more serious problems than worrying about warmer summers
She's just a mouthpiece, she's as irritating as piles or thrush, she's not qualified to pontificate about anything and it amazes me how people seem to fawn over her, perhaps it's because she's supposed to be autistic or something, which, somehow, makes her pronouncements something to take notice of, so, the answer to your question is, FUCK ALL.
In which case I'm in good company, there are tens of thousands of the same opinion, some on here too.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Greta just needs a friendly Viking horn. Multiple uses so inconspicous and mostly guaranteeing a good time.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Elk pelt sheath or lambskin prophylactic MeinHansenburger?
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

She needs to be introduced to the blood Eagle. 😃
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

birdie wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:41 am
In which case I'm in good company, there are tens of thousands of the same opinion, some on here too.
Could this be why the nation is in the state it is?
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:56 am Elk pelt sheath or lambskin prophylactic MeinHansenburger?
Gotta be an Auroch.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

birdie

Post by birdie »

JudgeTedd wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:39 am
The UK is responsible for less than 1% of global emissions yet seems to be the whipping boy of the world.
I have no objection to doing anything I can to stop waste, I recycle everything I can, I compost garden waste, I have a wormery where quite a bit of food waste goes, but the little beggars cant eat that much, I have half a small kitchen caddy of food waste a week, well, peelings and banana skins mostly, I have 3 water butts for the garden and another where the bathroom water goes into, that washes the garden paths and waters the garden sometimes too, I haven't had a bath for about 10 years now, showers only, I don't have a car, I've never been on an aeroplane, I don't run the hot tap when I brush my teeth, I take a cup of hot water from the kettle up with me, I use the lavvy mantra, if it's yellow let it mellow etc, I don't buy cleaning cloths, old towels cut up do the job nicely, any clothes which are not fit for the charity shop or any other fabrics still go to the charity shop for their 'rag bag' , as do any books, I take batteries and Britta filters, to the supermarket recycling, the Co-op also take plastic bags, I use the plain side of letters to use as scrap paper, I could go on, so I wont be lectured by a kid who only screeches what she's had written for her and who traipses the world on, err, I presume, an air polluting aeroplane, unless, of course, she crossed the ocean in a row boat or walked through the channel tunnel.
When she starts talking to people like the fallible humans they are instead of treating them with the hatred she does (look at some newsreels of her, she's almost demented in some of them) then I'll treat her alike, until then I'll consider her a puppet.
I saw her being interviewed a little while ago, no answer to some of the questions, she was lost without her script, as another poster said, she's a doom goblin.

Blah blah blah.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

birdie wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:52 am
JudgeTedd wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:39 am
The UK is responsible for less than 1% of global emissions yet seems to be the whipping boy of the world….

Blah blah blah.
It’s strange how people don’t have a crack at Sir David Attenborough with the same sort of vigour as they do with the young Greta. Not sure why that should be?
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

JudgeTedd wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:46 pm It’s strange how people don’t have a crack at Sir David Attenborough with the same sort of vigour as they do with the young Greta. Not sure why that should be?
Now I might be wrong here, but Dave has 75 years experience as a broadcaster, natural historian and environmentalist, has scores of awards in various areas and is well respected worldwide. He puts his views across in a reasonable orderly manner and can answer questions on a whole range of topics.

Thunberg is a scripted PR puppet teenage militant activists, who jumps up and down using foul language, stirring up soap dodgers into a frenzy to cause as much disruption as possible, and is unable to answer most of the questions put to her.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

Zambo wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:26 pm
JudgeTedd wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:46 pm It’s strange how people don’t have a crack at Sir David Attenborough with the same sort of vigour as they do with the young Greta. Not sure why that should be?
Now I might be wrong here, but Dave has 75 years experience as a broadcaster, natural historian and environmentalist, has scores of awards in various areas and is well respected worldwide. He puts his views across in a reasonable orderly manner and can answer questions on a whole range of topics.

Thunberg is a scripted PR puppet teenage militant activists, who jumps up and down using foul language, stirring up soap dodgers into a frenzy to cause as much disruption as possible, and is unable to answer most of the questions put to her.
+1 Absolutely spot on, I can't understand why others hang on to every Greta comment?

birdie

Post by birdie »

Y

[/quote]

[/quote]
The UK is responsible for less than 1% of global emissions yet seems to be the whipping boy of the world….

Blah blah blah.
[/quote]

It’s strange how people don’t have a crack at Sir David Attenborough with the same sort of vigour as they do with the young Greta. Not sure why that should be?
[/quote]

She didn't do herself any favours when she first appeared on the scene, screeching and shouting and almost frothing at the mouth, her face distorted with rage and hate.
Attenborough shows film from 40 and more years ago and then shows the same location more recently showing the change attributed to climate change, all measured, explaining calmly the effects on the flora and fauna, that is the difference. one calm and explaining and showing, the other ranting and raving . not seeming to put forward much of a plan, and looking, well, to put it politely, looking like someone who, on occasion, should be in a strait jacket. IMO only of course.

birdie

Post by birdie »

Exactly.
Didn't she demand school kids go out on strike for climate change? I seem to remember something like that, disruption and does sweet FA for climate change.

birdie

Post by birdie »

chelseachelsea wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:09 pm

+1 Absolutely spot on, I can't understand why others hang on to every Greta comment?
Because many of them are like her, being lead by the nose by the puppeteer pulling the strings and needing to be told what to think and do.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

There isn't blind loyalty to greta, just bewilderment at the venom directed at her by the triggered mob who don't agree with her perspective.

The negative references to her physcial appearance and style of speech are indicative of the attempts to personalise the discourse rather than address the topic she wants to debate.