The Premier League - Season 2023/24

Anything sportlike
chelseachelsea

Re: The Premier League - Season 2023/24

Post by chelseachelsea »

JudgeTedd wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 7:30 pm Can’t believe Hillman falls for the Liverpool bashing every. single. day.

He should just console himself in the fact that his Club are in a better position than of those who are winding him up.
Only 1 Premier League would suggest not....

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

chelseachelsea wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 7:34 pm
JudgeTedd wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 7:30 pm Can’t believe Hillman falls for the Liverpool bashing every. single. day.

He should just console himself in the fact that his Club are in a better position than of those who are winding him up.
Would you swap the season you’ve had with theirs?
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

JudgeTedd wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 7:38 pm

Why not they are in decline especially without Klippity,, we are on the up......but it will make my season complete, when City win the League

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

chelseachelsea wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 7:44 pm

Why not they are in decline especially without Klippity,, we are on the up......but it will make my season complete, when City win the League
On the up?

We tonked you 5-0 a few weeks ago. You’re way off.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

JudgeTedd wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:31 pm

On the up?

We tonked you 5-0 a few weeks ago. You’re way off.

Ok

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

Delusion central.

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:46 pm

If Chelsea are "lucky" they will get in the dreaded Europa Conference.
Bur lets look at who is in a better position
Revenue
Liverpool £594m
Chelsea £461m
Wage bill
Chelsea £155m
Liverpool £136m
Attendances
Liverpool 55572
Chelsea 39568
Worth
Liverpool 4.13bn
Chelsea £3.3bn

Stadia? Liverpool not just full every week but capacity now over 60,000 in a better stadium

Compliance? No problems re FFP for Liverpool. Chelsea in all sorts of trouble with 8 year contracts, management of Vitesse, Abramovich payments....

On the pitch...well you have seen it. In neither established players or youth do Chelsea have a better look.

YES I know about being wound up. I do it, and others do it to me. Fine.

The shite on here is on another level. You give it, you get it.

As for United, desperate stuff. Will probably end the season with a negative goal difference. Nine home defeats. Now hawking around Europe 9 of their starting 11. Real laughing at selling them Casemiro. WTF thought Antony and Onana worth buying?

Delusion central.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

subsub

Post by subsub »

:lol:
:dart:

Quite why a Chelsea fan is so obsessed with Liverpool is utterly baffling. Probably harks back to that "ghost goal" nonsense that Mourinho stoked up after Liverpool knocked Chelsea out of the CL in 2005.
WOKE AND PROUD

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

subsub wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 10:46 pm

Quite why a Chelsea fan is so obsessed with Liverpool is utterly baffling. Probably harks back to that "ghost goal" nonsense that Mourinho stoked up after Liverpool knocked Chelsea out of the CL in 2005.
I wonder too. My guess is it's because Liverpool do not do things their way, and by and large do better. Which tells them they need to go through yet more change, even though that's all they have done for years.
It must be enormously disappointing to see the midfield pair, Ciacedo and Fernandez, fail to impose themselves as you'd expect from players costing around the £100m mark. I don't know if that's because they aren't the players we thought or something doesn't work in the CFC set up.
I'd guess they know Boehly and the rest don't understand football or the Prem but aren't prepared to let the people who do, get on with it.
I can see the attraction of Chelsea and if I lived in the area I'd probably want to go and see them.
But the aggression towards Liverpool is marked , and I have experienced it.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:28 am

I wonder too. My guess is it's because Liverpool do not do things their way, and by and large do better. Which tells them they need to go through yet more change, even though that's all they have done for years.
It must be enormously disappointing to see the midfield pair, Ciacedo and Fernandez, fail to impose themselves as you'd expect from players costing around the £100m mark. I don't know if that's because they aren't the players we thought or something doesn't work in the CFC set up.
I'd guess they know Boehly and the rest don't understand football or the Prem but aren't prepared to let the people who do, get on with it.
I can see the attraction of Chelsea and if I lived in the area I'd probably want to go and see them.
Also, despite having Roman’s Rubles, the one thing he couldn’t buy is was proper local rivalry. The type you look up the moment the fixtures are released. You never hear of any real beef between Chelsea and Fulham. Although both Clubs are within walking distance of each other.

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

JudgeTedd wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 12:18 pm
Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:28 am

Also, despite having Roman’s Rubles, the one thing he couldn’t buy is was proper local rivalry. The type you look up the moment the fixtures are released. You never hear of any real beef between Chelsea and Fulham. Although both Clubs are within walking distance of each other.
No, but it did help win all those trophies you have never ever fucking seen :wink:

I should let Hillman reply as he claims to know about it all but I am sure he will correct me if need be. Fulham/Chelsea have never been fierce rivals, same with QPR and Brentford who are also close in miles but take a lifetime by car. Historically fans used to go to each teams home games before the days of large away followings and during a lot of the last century and some of this, they weren’t in the same division so nothing was ever generated.

You must definitely don’t have to be local to create a rivalry. ie United/Liverpool, Palace/Brighton, Pompey/Saints, Leeds/United. I’m sure there are many more examples.

Incidents can create rivalries that never go away. Chelsea/Leeds 1970 cup final, the battle of White Hart Lane in the 70’s meaning Chelsea/Spurs have hated each other since.

Look at this thread, whatever anyone may say, there is a rivalry between Chelsea and Liverpool. Why ? Those teams have played each other the most times this century. Funny enough it’s not like rugby where you have a drink together after and shake hands.

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

There is definitely something.

I have probably been in LIverpool when most London clubs have been in town. Tottenham, Arsenal, nobody much cares.
West Ham are actually liked. Fulham and Brentford not noticed.

But Chelsea??... I suspect crazy as it might sound it goes back to "Loadsamoney" which seemed to coincide.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:32 pm There is definitely something.

I have probably been in LIverpool when most London clubs have been in town. Tottenham, Arsenal, nobody much cares.

But Chelsea??... I suspect crazy as it might sound it goes back to "Loadsamoney" which seemed to coincide.
Hillers: Stop picking on me 'cus I support Liver-puuuule!
Also Hillers: But Chelsea??... I suspect crazy as it might sound it goes back to "Loadsamoney" which seemed to coincide.

Liverpool have been a glamour "loadsamoney" club for decades. Don’t pull that working class shite on us. Lol.
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
“The forum's saucy upstart” –Ghost
“Solid broess” –Sadact7
“Decent long termer”–Paolo

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:32 pm There is definitely something.

No, you’re right, it is crazy. Loadsamoney was from the mid 80’s and Chelsea most certainly didn’t have any then !!