Sadiq Khan

In-depth debate on all topical issues
birdie

Re: Sadiq Khan

Post by birdie »

lambrini wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:36 pm 🤣🤣🤣

Bernard Bresslaw?! Silence, Hillman!
Well, he only arsked too:lol: :lol: :lol:
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

lambrini wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:54 pm
Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:59 pm You can disagree with someone without stooping to the depths she did.
Joining 6 Facebook groups aimed at homophobic and racist content, approving the fake parking stickers....
She is the British Trump and about as worthwhile.
Khan should have said more than he did about her.
Ahhh, the auld "Trump" trope. Hillman 101 :lol:
yes it would
Which is why I said he did well to restrain himself

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Yes, the natural urge of any sane man when annoyed by a woman is to physically assault her.

Good thing he was able to show such a superhuman sense of self-control.
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

I live just on the borders of ULEZ and seeing the outrage on various Facebook groups when Khan got elected was hilarious. Just as funny was the likes of Sky News trying to create some dodgy headlines by claiming it was going to be a close run thing. Embarrassing for the 33% who actually thought Susan Hall was a suitable candidate and voted for her.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Jonathan wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 9:06 am I live just on the borders of ULEZ and seeing the outrage on various Facebook groups when Khan got elected was hilarious. Just as funny was the likes of Sky News trying to create some dodgy headlines by claiming it was going to be a close run thing. Embarrassing for the 33% who actually thought Susan Hall was a suitable candidate and voted for her.
Indeed, Jonn-o.
Anyone who voted for Hall needs their head examining, given the dubious stuff she's liked and posted on social media of late.
WOKE AND PROUD

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Jonathan wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 9:06 am I live just on the borders of ULEZ and seeing the outrage on various Facebook groups when Khan got elected was hilarious. Just as funny was the likes of Sky News trying to create some dodgy headlines by claiming it was going to be a close run thing. Embarrassing for the 33% who actually thought Susan Hall was a suitable candidate and voted for her.

In an age of 24 hour media etc, the various "journalistic" outlets need to create talking points to give them something to do and keep the public clicking on their links.

birdie

Post by birdie »

I don't think the conservatives really thought they could win London which is mostly a Labour city, over 2/3rds of the Parliamentary seats are Labour so they just let whoever put themselves forward stand and lose.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

birdie wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 10:15 am
I don't think the conservatives really thought they could win London which is mostly a Labour city, over 2/3rds of the Parliamentary seats are Labour so they just let whoever put themselves forward stand and lose.
And it’s that sort of get up and go thinking from the people in charge, that has lead the nation to ever growing success.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

JudgeTedd wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 11:45 am
birdie wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 10:15 am
And it’s that sort of get up and go thinking from the people in charge, that has lead the nation to ever growing success.
The thing is they don't even try. The problem is the Tory members who vote for these people into these roles have an average age of 103 and appear senile. A decent candidate who didn't think ULEZ was some winning ticket could have made Khan's life much more difficult.